Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Devin Dart/Velvet Glaciers split cassette


(FeltCat) I was a teenager when the punk rock store owner/clerk told me I needed to buy the new KLF “Chill Out” LP, the first, best, and close to only, ambient record I have. While it’s always impressive to hear any sound artist create an atmospheric wall/vibe/spell, it’s rare to hear the nuance, whimsy, and serenity the artists formally known as the Timelords delivered there. VG  harkens back to that record, in part by manipulating some old records as playing-on-a-distant-AM-radio-in-a-field audio snapshots, but also in making me feel uncomfortably blissful.  DD's strange vibrations also do an amazing job of getting my brain to forget all the bullshit I have to deal with by filling it with some far more special blend of feces.

No comments:

Post a Comment