Tuesday, January 15, 2013

The Ninnies "Why Not?"

(Rerun) Suburban 70s/80s nerd wave pop as timeless as a skinny tie. Lost local lo fi lovable losers frantically fond of Freud and freaky spazzing! Their 1981 single is so dumb and great and worthy of reissue, but this is a full length CD because they also recorded some demos and a few live tracks, and to pad this out there's actaully a recording of a deejay talking about finding the record on his radio show from a few years ago. There's still over a zillion Chicago bands from the 70s and 80s I don't know, and if I'm ever going to organize a festival where the Ninnies and the Cleaning Ladys cover Phil n the Blanks first LP I better get moving! I'd write more but this review is already longer than they took the Ninnies to write their single, and it came out awesome, so I'll quit here. And spaz dance!

No comments:

Post a Comment