Monday, June 7, 2010

The Pussywarmers "my pussy belongs to daddy"

(Voodoo Rhythm) When the blockbuster movie Titanic came out pop-ster turned Tin Pan Alley enthusiast Ian Whitcomb put together an album that historically recreated with 100% accuracy the exact music that the band played on the deck of the doomed ship; the album sold tremendously well for such a thing. Over the years some history buffs have contacted him and asked how he figured out certain aspects, and sought out his sources and research for some less than familiar passages. If I'm not mistaken I think I eavesdroppingly overheard Whitcomb tell a co-hort that he actually made some of it up! Take that history! This inspired me to ride that wave and make up some music the blue, Smurfy, penis-dragon riding people from Avatar would play at their cookouts and grade school recitals. Alas, I couldn't get any label interested! But back to this album: the press sheet mentions that these jazz age raunch recreationists could have been the orchestra on the great Titanic. If this was the orchestra I would guess the ship hit that iceberg on purpose...suicide! Not that this is bad, it's actually hypnotizingly strange, with brass, banjos, accordions, megaphones, whistles, bells and (I assume) blood-signed pacts with Satan combining to make weird wonderment that made me wish I had a pussy to warm. I'm going to the cat shelter tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment