Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Umberton "Chicago Tek"

(Loose Squares) Listening to raw, vital pure dance music while sitting at a desk typing gives me as little insight on its functionality as body moving lubricant as I would have about the taste of a slice of pie from seeing a picture on a menu. That said, I know pie usually tastes good and I know every time I've heard good Chicago house or juke played in public or private gatherings that it gets things shaking. What's tastiest about these slices, though, is that Chicago producer Umberton isn't afraid to draw on the sound of 2 or 5 to 10 or more years ago, giving some delicious tastes of Chicago underground dance music recent history. But more importantly, while saluting the past Mr. U never fails to seem futuristic. Nostalgic futurism is where it's at! Now where's my pie?

No comments:

Post a Comment