Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The Marked Men "Fix My Brain"

(Dirtnap) Reissue of a relatively recent record by these Texas punks (or punk Texans if you prefer) who I thought were the last Rip Off Records band, but who were apparently not.  Can't really think of much else to say, as they are good enough as a band, but kind of leave me cold. However, I just found an unrelated (presumedly)  website called http://www.markedmen.net/ where you can hire dudes dressed like the Johnny Depp pirate movie characters to swoop into parties, weddings and corporate events and take over with pirate mayhem. I digress, I know, but basically I love Dirtnap and would love this band to be their Nirvana (or George Thorogood, for you Rounder fans), but I just don't feel it. But buy this anyhow.

No comments:

Post a Comment