Saturday, February 11, 2012

Magnet


(www.magnetmagazine.com) Magnet is back! I am always bummed when a music magazine ceases publication, and I can’t say that I’m always excited when they re-launch publication…because I have no point of reference, that’s just not something that actually happens…til now! I was trying to figure out why indie rock coverage in Magnet seems so different than indie rock coverage on Pitchfork, which essentially cares about most of the same bands and records and news (both love the 90s!). Then I realized that 1). Glossy magazine photos look cooler than online photos, and 2., Pitchfork has always considered mainstream, major label rap music to fit in with indie rock for some reason, and Magnet is not having that hippity hop crap. This newest issue brings back the intentional asshole columnist who is always wrong about everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment