Saturday, September 26, 2020

"Cornucopia"

 


(Greece, 1593) When it comes to words, this is a fucking vocabulary GOAT. And goats have horns. Though I would not describe a goat horn as a "horn of plenty," (ummm...ever hear of rams), Wikipedia claims the original H.O.P. was from a goat upon which baby Zeus suckled. It was magic. But back the 'mology (my street name for etymology), the Latin cornu copiae sounds a little like Corney Collins, the aswesome deejay in Hairspray. The phonics of this word are, obviously, badass, baller, and hypnotic. And it's one "e" away from running the table on vowels. And if you get into the actual thing, as opposed to just the word, it is a clip art Hall of Famer. And respect- if I were guessing how to spell this I would literally, truly, without any doubt,  never guess that "u" if you gave me 100,000 attempts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment