Sunday, June 8, 2014

Columbus Blood compilation


(Break-Up!) Opening with a declaration that Columbus is a drinkin’ and fuckin’ (and not much else) town (a sentiment eloquently country-rocked by Cotton Jackson, with cowbell emphasis) this comp LP is not just a scene report, it is an informational pamphlet on Columbus, OH character and leisure. Highlights include Bridesmaid being heavier than all the fat people in Ohio, Nom Tcotchkes out-rapid eye movement-ing REM, Dead Girlfriends making the bounciest Ed Gein tribute imaginable, and Betty Machete delivering both the rock and the roll. Every time I go to Columbus something happens that makes me swear I will never go back, yet something always makes me return. Hearing these musical messes reminds me of the stuff that brings me back.

No comments:

Post a Comment