Friday, May 21, 2010

Coconut Coolouts "Halloween Party Songs"

(Dirtnap) The best Halloween records I ever spun 1.) a copy of the "Bela Lugosi is Dead" 12" that I played at 16rpm as the soundtrack to a Maze of Darkness I made in my apartment as part of a haunted house. 2.) When we got too lazy to keep starting the record over every half hour or so we switched to the locked groove noise outro on Sonic Youth "Evol" (I think, does that have a locked groove?). Anyhoo, that's moot now, because I should have just put this record on, torn down the black sheets and garbage bags, got rid of the tilting pallets on the floor, turned on the lights, and just had everyone dance like rabid werewolves to joyful ditties about monsters crashing regular people's parties! This is a genuine joyful novelty single! Best record of the 21st Century by far (sorry Beyonce and Michael Buble).

No comments:

Post a Comment